How do I apply for funding?
There are two types of funding: small Grants and Large Grants. The form for the small grant is very simple, but we need more detail for the larger awards. Please read the aims of Dover Big Local and the guidance document before filling in your form to make sure a project you would like to have funded fits within our plan or we may not be able to help you. It may be helpful to talk to one of out team too. You an make an appointment via the Hub.
Getting ready to apply
We want to know about your ideas, so please send us and outline of your project – we may be able to guide you in helping your ideas meet the funding guidelines before you start work on the form. You can start to prepare your application by:
- Downloading the funding application form – we can help you with completing it if you wish.
- Gathering evidence: why is your project needed, how many people will it help and what changed will it bring?
- Collecting evidence: photographs, surveys, blog entries and background information will all help us to understand why your project is a good idea.
- Getting costs: get some initial estimates for any professional work or materials, premises rental or hire and staffing costs your project may involve.
- Gathering support: who will help with your project? You can start to get people interested in volunteering to help. It may be possible to get donations or hold some fundraising events to get the project started and cover initial expenses.
- Look into match funding: Dover Big Local may not be able to fund your entire project – what other grant funding bodies or organisations might help. Match funding can be in the form of services offered for free as well as financial help so find out what is on offer to you?
Talk to us: we can help you with ideas for all of the above tasks and may be able to put you in touch with local people who can help you.