Hub regular meetings
A number of groups run weekly at DBL’s hub at The Charlton Centre. Most operate as drop in sessions. For further information call into the hub and speak to Linda, Bridgette or Lily.
- Mums be Fit: exercise for Mums and babies 1.00pm – 2.30pm
- Job Club 10am -2pm
- Welfare Advice Clinic 10am -2pm
- Housing, legal and benefit form filling help (hub 2) 10am -2pm
- Music for fun (drop in) 10.00am –11.00am
- DBL Singing group (drop in) 11.00am –12.00am
- Hot Desk: advice from The Shaw Trust (please book)
- One You for health matters (please book)
- Careers Advice (please call in at the hub or telephone to book).
- Diabetes support group from 1.00pm –3pm
- Roma Group at 4.00pm – 6.00pm.
- Knitting group at 10.00am until noon,
- NHS Weight Loss (call 0300 1231220 to book) in Hub2,
- Speak up mental health support group from 2.00pm –4.00pm
- Under 25s LGBTQ support group from 4.00pm – 6.00pm.
- Friday Social including board games, bingo and a chance to chat from 10.00am until noon.
Special events at the Hub:
Valentines Disco 21st February 2020
Our Valentines children’s disco for children 12 years and under is on Friday 21st February from 6pm until 8.00pm. Tickets are just £1 from the hub. A perfect way to burn off some off that wet weather day energy! The cafe and sweet shop will be open. Parents must stay with children.
Dover Youth Theatre “Breaking Boundaries” Performance: 20th February 2020
Dover Big Local were pleased to part sponsor Dover Youth Theatre’s Breaking Boundaries performing arts workshop this half term. Participants were auditioned from an open call allowing all Dover children to take part. Training by leading drama teachers and a west end producer have led to a showcase on 20th February at Dover Town Hall, with free admission to local residents – an evening of entertainment to remember.